OK, I know what you’re thinking…a review about a mobile? Really? How important could a mobile be? I thought the same thing when I was buying items for my first son. I bought the nursery set and matching mobile to attach to the crib. Cute, right? Wrong.
Why isn’t that mobile as good as the Fisher-Price Precious Planet 2-in-1 Projection Mobile?
- You have to hand crank it and it only runs briefly before you have to wind it up again.
- The music is horrible – it sounds like a little music box. Not very soothing at all.
- Your baby can’t see it in a darkened room.
That’s why I recommend the ingeniously designed Fisher-Price Precious Planet 2-in-1 Projection Mobile.
- It runs for 20 minutes and has two volume levels. It also has a remote control but 20 minutes is usually enough time for baby to fall asleep. Also, it’s not loud enough to keep baby awake.
- There are 3 different sound options – classical music, nature sounds (running water, crickets, etc.) and a heartbeat.
- The cute little plush animals revolve and a panoramic animal-themed light-show projects onto the canopy. So your little one has something to focus on as they are preparing to doze off.
- The plush animals are designed to come off. Once your baby can stand and pull them off, they detach easily and will not damage the canopy or injure your little one. But remember, once your little one starts yanking the animals off, it’s time to remove the canopy…
- You can remove the canopy and the light show will project on the ceiling. This is really helpful once your little one starts pulling on the animals and the canopy.
- And, my favorite part – your child can turn the mobile on by him/herself! The buttons to the mobile are large and colorful and face your child in the crib. Why? As your child watches you push the button to turn the mobile on each night, they will realize they can do the same thing. They will roll or scoot over to the mobile and hit the button to turn it on themselves! We found this to be incredibly helpful during sleep regressions. When our babies would wake up during the night, they could turn on the mobile to entertain themselves until they fell back to sleep.
My older son used this mobile until he was 2 1/2 and my younger son still uses it at 19 months. I am definitely a fan of Fisher-Price items and the Fisher-Price Precious Planet 2-in-1 Projection Mobile doesn’t disappoint. It’s a classic example of why Fisher-Price sets the standard in baby gear. Trust me on this one, don’t pass it up!